Premed 101 Forums

AMCAS: English course not on my official transcript!

model

Hi,

I'm in a bit of a mess. I received my academic verification from amcas and they have processed my English course (which I'm currently taking as a mandatory req for admissions) is listed as not being on my official transcript.

Basically, I fell I should order transcripts and mail them to each school. Do you think it's a wise idea? Should I notify schools via email instead?

Any help is appreciated.

Clear up the problem with AMCAS. You can question their verifications and are encouraged to double check and question if anything is not right. Individual schools will probably not give you the time of day. It is an AMCAS issue, not individual school issue. Schools ask you for prereqs in 2ndaries so it isn't critical just yet.

It shouldn't matter. I have one pre-req missing and it hasn't stopped me from getting interviews. As long as you take missing courses before starting med school, you should be fine. It wouldn't hurt to have AMCAS add it to your coursework, but don't freak out if they don't. As keith said, some schools will ask you to fill out pre-req info (you can then say you are currently taking it). Some schools don't ask but I'm guessing it's because they don't care, until they accept you. At which point they tell you what courses you are missing.

Archived