Premed 101 Forums

To those of you who've applied for a NSERC-USRA.

The Ace of Spades

I've contacted a professor and he's agreed to take me on over the summer. But when I was filling out the online application for Form 202, part 1, under Academic Background there's a section entitled "Name of discipline". I'm not too sure what to put in here. I found a list of discipline codes from the NSERC site, so would I have to pick the one that's closest to the research I'll be doing? Or should I ask my supervisor which code to put in place?

Or... could it be left blank? I'm not exactly sure what the research is yet.

I've contacted a professor and he's agreed to take me on over the summer. But when I was filling out the online application for Form 202, part 1, under Academic Background there's a section entitled "Name of discipline". I'm not too sure what to put in here. I found a list of discipline codes from the NSERC site, so would I have to pick the one that's closest to the research I'll be doing? Or should I ask my supervisor which code to put in place?

Or... could it be left blank? I'm not exactly sure what the research is yet.

Gosh, it's USRA time already?! :eek:

• 1 month later...

For those of you wondering the same thing for this year, my NSERC contact at my university said that the Department is simply the department that offers your degree, and the Name of Discipline is your area of interest. It doesn't matter if you're technically specializing in it or not; just put your main field that you're interested in/plan to enter.

Archived