Premed 101 Forums

Updating application

Illuminis

Hey, I am considering sending an update to many of the med schools I've applied to but have yet to hear anything from. I've done a couple noteworthy things since the summer, namely being co-author for a paper that was just accepted for publication. So I was wondering if I should send a Word document with my activities in AMCAS-format to each school, asking if they accept updates? Thanks!

Hey, I am considering sending an update to many of the med schools I've applied to but have yet to hear anything from. I've done a couple noteworthy things since the summer, namely being co-author for a paper that was just accepted for publication. So I was wondering if I should send a Word document with my activities in AMCAS-format to each school, asking if they accept updates? Thanks!

I would definitely send the update but I'd probably do it in a 1 page letter format. Include some info about why you like the school/why you'd be a good fit. Definitely check if the school accepts updates first since not all schools do.

+1 to what Rach said.

I sent updates (1 page attached .doc) to pretty much all the schools I applied for and hadn't heard from yet. Most of the Canadian friendly schools are open to receiving updates.

I included a publication, new activities I was currently doing, and a short paragraph on my interest in the school and how I would love the opportunity to interview and possibly matriculate at the school.

Archived