Premed 101 Forums

anesthesia interviews

Elusive

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to say - you can take into numbers into consideration, but it's out of one's control, and at this stage, energies are best spent on preparing for the coming interviews. Regardless of the size of the pool, truly strong candidates (barring any twists of fate) will continue to match at their desired programs, and conversely, programs have been known to go unfilled rather than rank people they weren't interested in matching.

It appears you misunderstood my comment. It was my intent to help the above poster by encouraging them to prepare fully for their interviews, and not "rest assured" if someone told them the competition didn't look too bad. If they were a solid candidate, I also did not want them to worry unnecessarily if they heard there was a high number of applicants, since nervousness can hamper interview performance. I hope this helps clarifies things.

• 2 weeks later...

Another question about transfer

Hi eveyone one

I was wondering transferring from one program to another one ( in the same school) is harder or transferring to the same disipline in different city! And let's assume there is good reason for transfer to spesific city!

Thank you all

Sara Kj

In either case, the program to which you wish to transfer requires

1) room for you

2) willingness to take you

Thus, the answer depends on the particular discipline(s) involved, as some are more likely to have spaces available, or to have others wishing to transfer in for a reciprocal trade.

Interprovincial transfers run the additional difficulty of inability to transfer funding.

Archived