Premed 101 Forums

Sick and tired of being rejected :(

snooze113

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Queen's rejection? You got your rejection letter already, or e-mail? I haven't gotten mine yet, probably postal delay. Rejection is probably going to happen more often than not in life lol, better get used to it. I just turned 24 and just applied for the first time with 3.7 (3.81 two year) with 12P/9V/11B WS R but I know I'm going to get my ass rejected. Life goes on. Diversify if you wanna, I did - if I didn't I'd be in dire straights hoping to win the admissions lottery - don't put yourself in that position.

I'm booking a vacation during interview season not anticipating any lol - I'd hate for my travel plans to be ruined.

I would rather have interviews than go down south

As an attending physician, and full-time resident who interacts with residents from surgery, peds, IM, etc in my MPH program, I have to say this is quite interesting. Med students (especially first and second years) are probably the most arrogant. I was actually talking to some of my surgical resident friends the other day about this sort of stuff. For 1st and 2nd years, you have made it, so you can look down on others. But wait until you guys are third years. You might as well have a sign on your back saying "kick me." You will soon realize that you really are the lowest on the totem pole. Don't be surprised if nurses jump all over you--they love that. Some senior, even junior residents will be your worse nightmare. Be nice to premeds.

Sounds like you've described the medical hierarchy in general...not just for med1/2s. The CC3/4s might have the sign saying "kick me", but it's not like the residents or the fellows aren't wearing the same thing....except the people eligible to kick them can be even nastier.

As a medstudent, or like anything in life, be nice to everyone and avoid the ones who aren't (and if you can't avoid, grin and bear it).

Archived