Premed 101 Forums

In province, out of province?

loopas

I am currently in grade 12 in Toronto, Ontario. I was born in Montreal and moved to Toronto with my family when I was 2 years old. I want to go to McGill to do my undergrad after which I want to apply to med. school. If I apply to medical schools in Ontario will I be considered in province out of province since I would be living in Quebec for four years (during my undergrad).

Secondly, for my undergrad, will McGill consider me in province (since I was born there) or out of province (since I live in Ontario)?

Any help would be appreciated as I am really confused.

Thanks.

Just going by what you wrote, you'll be in province for both.

Quebec because you were born there, and Ontario because you completed primary->secondary school there.

Of course, don't take my word for it, check the residency requirements for each of the medical schools you want to apply to.

live in Que. for a year GGGSaint without going to university, then do your last year of universities studies at McGill or Concordia, and you too can become a Quebec resident, thereby increasing your odds!

Not a bad plan at all. Although I'm really crossing my fingers for an interview come Feb 5 as an OOP first :) .

Archived