Premed 101 Forums

Scholarships and Stipends

ukie

I made a post in the acceptance thread thinking that those accepted may know a little bit more. but i am not getting any answers so decided to make it a thread of its own since i think it is an important topic.

Do american schools give scholarships? or stipends? If so how much and how well do you have to do. Also would we as canadians are applicable to these?? if any knows anything. i would greatly appreciate your help. Thanks

I made a post in the acceptance thread thinking that those accepted may know a little bit more. but i am not getting any answers so decided to make it a thread of its own since i think it is an important topic.

Do american schools give scholarships? or stipends? If so how much and how well do you have to do. Also would we as canadians are applicable to these?? if any knows anything. i would greatly appreciate your help. Thanks

Yes, US schools do give out scholarships and stipends, but for the schools that I have interviewed at, these scholarships and stipends are mostly available for US citizens.

Canadians also have limited access to many financial aid packages in the US (due to our nationality), and have to resort to LOC or other forms of private loans.

In other words, don't count on US schools to help fund your US education.

Yes, US schools do give out scholarships and stipends, but for the schools that I have interviewed at, these scholarships and stipends are mostly available for US citizens.

Canadians also have limited access to many financial aid packages in the US (due to our nationality), and have to resort to LOC or other forms of private loans.

In other words, don't count on US schools to help fund your US education.

thanks for the info:)

Archived