Premed 101 Forums

Certiphi

Rach

Heh, speaking of Certiphi screening though... Have any of you filled out the Canadian specific sheet yet that we have to fax in?

At the bottom there is a section that says "Signature of Representative Witnessing Applicant's ID" then "Type of ID Viewed". Do you think that this "representative" is anybody who can sign as witness (friend, family member, etc)? Or do we leave this blank for someone from Certiphi or the police to sign?

Heh, speaking of Certiphi screening though... Have any of you filled out the Canadian specific sheet yet that we have to fax in?

At the bottom there is a section that says "Signature of Representative Witnessing Applicant's ID" then "Type of ID Viewed". Do you think that this "representative" is anybody who can sign as witness (friend, family member, etc)? Or do we leave this blank for someone from Certiphi or the police to sign?

Where did you find this Canadian specific sheet? All I saw was the create your online account, enter addresses, check no for a bunch of boxes etc.

Great, so it looks like I have the wrong form as well. emcd, do you happen to have the correct form handy?

Applicant Services

Certiphi Screening

1800-803-9582

This is where I called and they emailed me the form in an attachment.

Thanks for the info guys. I saw that there was a form in my inbox that was different from the form that was on the certiphi site. It also had a different fax number and a different reference id. I was worried about a phishing attempt. So just to confirm: 1-888-495-8476 is the fax number that you're all sending your information in to?

This is some seriously sensitive information, just want to be sure.

Thanks for the info guys. I saw that there was a form in my inbox that was different from the form that was on the certiphi site. It also had a different fax number and a different reference id. I was worried about a phishing attempt. So just to confirm: 1-888-495-8476 is the fax number that you're all sending your information in to?

This is some seriously sensitive information, just want to be sure.

Ok, so once you submit your background check, you get to view that page that you're supposed to fax in right?

The fax number on that cover page says: 1-888-260-1380

So what's the right number? I'm getting pretty sketched out.

Ok, so once you submit your background check, you get to view that page that you're supposed to fax in right?

The fax number on that cover page says: 1-888-260-1380

So what's the right number? I'm getting pretty sketched out.

I received a message in my inbox that was pretty different from the initial page from after the background check. If you read earlier in the thread, there was a spot for a witness to "sign that they had verified ID" so I think the page from after the check was wrong. The new one is from the RCMP, the e-mail is from a Kelly Walker and her phone number is the same one that people have said in the thread? However, the e-mail said to fill in part 1 and part 4, but if you leave part 2 blank, that means anyone can write their name in. This process, overall, seems extremely sketchy... I don't want to be faxing a picture of my passport, but if I have to, I need to ensure that this is legit. I'll be calling tomorrow.

I called and confirmed that the information in the e-mail was correct and the fax number is indeed: 1-888-495-8476. I called the number that was on the initial form (the one with the different fax number) just to be sure.

Thanks for checking, just faxed the form. Wasn't sure what case # to put into the cover page since the email had one case # in the first paragraph, then a different case # at the end. :confused:

Who do you email it to? Also, what did you guys put down in Part 2?

I called to clarify this and they said you can leave part 2 blank. You only need to fill out part 1, sign the form and fax it to 1-888-495-8476 (this was the fax number they emailed to me with the form) with two pieces of ID

Edit: Just noticed that my fax number was the same as foregone... so that makes me feel more relieved about where I'm faxing my passport and ID information to

• 1 month later...
So its just Parts 1 and 4 we fill out for the RCMP form? nothing in the bottom?

That's right. Just fill out part 1 and 4, and make sure you fax it to the right number (1-888-495-8476) because they have multiple!

You can also call them the day after you fax it to make sure they received your forms 1800-803-9582.

Archived