Premed 101 Forums

LORs!!!!!

ukie

Ok guys I am not really sure how this works and i;d like to have someinsight in this.

I was thinking of applying to a few US med schools BUt the idea of asking someone to write 10 references and send them to respective schools seems too much to ask, for anyone... IS that how it works??

DO the people who give you a reference send them to the schools you;ve applied to or do then submit on line on amcas or how does this work?? INsight would be much appreciated. Thanks :)

Ok guys I am not really sure how this works and i;d like to have someinsight in this.

I was thinking of applying to a few US med schools BUt the idea of asking someone to write 10 references and send them to respective schools seems too much to ask, for anyone... IS that how it works??

DO the people who give you a reference send them to the schools you;ve applied to or do then submit on line on amcas or how does this work?? INsight would be much appreciated. Thanks :)

i think you should really do some more research before you ask questions on this forum. no, they do not need to send references to ALL the schools you apply to in the u.s. There are a few different options.

i think you should really do some more research before you ask questions on this forum. no, they do not need to send references to ALL the schools you apply to in the u.s. There are a few different options.

Sorry if you got offended. I kinda thought that it would be the case that the referees would need to send them individually. but then i thought since in US the logistic are a little bit different since on average people apply to many more schools than in canada. Since there are so many more medschools so i thought they might have a system to make it easier for those who are applying to many medical schools... Sorry again if it bothered anyone. I just thought that this type of info would only be known by those who have applied before.

Letters can generally be uploaded via AMCAS (the centralized application system that you use to send your primary application), more info here

http://www.aamc.org/students/amcas/faq/amcasletters.htm

so you only need to ask your referees to upload the letters once, then AMCAS sends them to the different schools.

Some schools do not participate in this service however (those not in the list in the link above); for those ones you can use services such as interfolio (http://www.interfolio.com) or snail mail or other, depends on the school.

Hope this helps get you started in the process! Don't worry too much about other people on the forum, and take everything with a grain of salt. What you'll find is that people on here can at times be a bit rude, or neurotic, or unnecessarily stressed out. It must be the stress of applying to medicine :)

Letters can generally be uploaded via AMCAS (the centralized application system that you use to send your primary application), more info here

http://www.aamc.org/students/amcas/faq/amcasletters.htm

so you only need to ask your referees to upload the letters once, then AMCAS sends them to the different schools.

Some schools do not participate in this service however (those not in the list in the link above); for those ones you can use services such as interfolio (http://www.interfolio.com) or snail mail or other, depends on the school.

Hope this helps get you started in the process! Don't worry too much about other people on the forum, and take everything with a grain of salt. What you'll find is that people on here can at times be a bit rude, or neurotic, or unnecessarily stressed out. It must be the stress of applying to medicine :)

Thank you VERY VERY much :). Yea that is what i thought because asking somebody to mail 10 or 15 references sounds sounds a little too much. I was already thinking of making preposted and pre addressed envelops.

Thanks again :D

Archived