Premed 101 Forums

Mock Interviews in Toronto

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dunno about fun lol. I just hope I don't make a fool out of myself xD

Of course it will be fun... basking in the wisdom of fellow Premed's? We should take care not to get burnt. Lol... nothing builds brotherhood (or sisterhood) than weathering a major turning point in our lives together... GO US!

I've been getting a few pms, regarding an MMI practice and if the group has room for more people. I just want to clarify that the feb 16th event is something we spontaneously put together through this forum, i just booked a place. So I'm assuming all the people that are attending are premeds who have interview invitations for this cycle. As far as I'm concerned, there won't be any actual med students attending, so if you have pm'ed me regarding the mock MMI , i think you should contact the person who is setting that up. I think they posted somewhere here and there is a fee for that event as well.

The feb 16th event, from what I think we decided here, is for us to meet up, discuss stuff, practice if we want, and then be able to get in contact if there are specific people/topics we want to practice on, and of course get a bite to eat.:)

And again, I've only booked for 12. I don't want us to overwhelm the place. From the response I've seen I think we are going to be more than that. So if you are coming-just to confirm- could you please post a yes/no in the thread, so I can adjust the booking accordingly?

Gracias!

YEP... I'm coming for sure...

Yee scar-town :). I live around the warden ellesmere area so if you know that area and you want to meet up there this weekend, Ill be more than happy to come out. PM if youre around there.

Cheers.

anyone willing to meet-up in the markham/scarborough area for mocks?

Our Mock MMI interview has only 2 spots left. PM me if interested.

We might do another Mock MMI event for the weekend of Feb 20/21 if there is enough interest. These med students also do traditional mock interviews.

Hey guys,

I'm getting some med students together to do some mock interviews, an MMI interview weekend and other mocks during the next couple of weeks. I want to know what the interest is like, so let me know if you are interested via PM or email.

There will be a cost associated with it i.e it won't be free. but obviously the more people sign up for MMI, the cheaper it would be. And its going to be in TO.

Yee scar-town :). I live around the warden ellesmere area so if you know that area and you want to meet up there this weekend, Ill be more than happy to come out. PM if youre around there.

Cheers.

the weekend might be a bit difficult but i've got reading week next week. Anyone else interested in meeting up in the markham/scarborough area?

i'm in for Tuesday at 5:00 at Frans!

I'd be interested, but I'm just confused about the format. will it actually be useful, I mean will we be able get some quiet time for the acting stations and get realistic feedback? Have any of you guys done something like this before?

I have an mmi coming up soon and I know its a lot of role playing and im pretty scared that I'll mess up those stations..

We might do another Mock MMI event for the weekend of Feb 20/21 if there is enough interest. These med students also do traditional mock interviews.

are you guys still doing this event? my mmi is in a week and i'm looking for some real mmi prep.

hi every one,

just to remind you that I've booked Fran's (20 college street) for 5 oclock today. The booking is under premed 101. I've been getting a few pms about this so just to clarify, I'm really not in charge of this event! we were all talking about meeting up so I took the liberty of booking a place on behalf of all of us. There really is no set agenda. We can start practicing right away, find out who is interviewing where and start with those people maybe, and get contact info for later practice sessions.

Since there will be a bunch of us, I think there will be both ppl who want to prep for MMIs or traditional interviews. If you have any practice material, MMI scenarios, questions,etc, and feel like sharing them, do so by all means!

looking forward to meeting you all!

Yea I'll be coming to this and will bring some MMI scenario I found online for anyone wishing to practise right away!

Hey Tunny,

I've PMed you but no reply. Are there any spots left? I need to know this ASAP as I have an MMI interview coming up very soon. If not, I'd have to go with another professional consultant. His price is slightly over my budget but at this point I don't really care about the money. I just wanna get in as I have no backup plans...so let me know ASAP thanks!

A few spots are still available

I replied in another thread as well as sent you a PM... I'm that interested :)

Is there any room left? Please let me know :) Thank you

hi guys, I hope the meeting went well. I'm sorry I wasn't able to join myself, I got my rejection from UT today, so I wasn't feeling particularly well, and I just headed straight home from lab. I hope you guys found the event useful. If there happens to be any followup event please let me knwo as well.

I'm sorry about your news. It was pretty good today, I think about 6 ppl showed up.

On the other hand, if anyone wants to do some MMI practice this week PM me:)

Archived