Premed 101 Forums

Which US school do you think are more liberal in terms of looking at the Big picture?

ukie

I think my title is horrible... sorry for that... let me explain.

As i understand in US there are no specific GPA or MCAT cut offs, is this true??? Does this mean that all the aplication get looked at or no??Does it depend on the university??? or Does it depend how early you submit your application..??

Thanks in advance.

No school has cut-offs. Even Harvard and the top med schools don't have cut-offs. Some schools emphasize stats more than others (Wash U comes to mind) but your app will not be thrown out based on stats.

thanks a lot :). Any other schools you think give a lot of emphasis on stats??

thanks a lot :). Any other schools you think give a lot of emphasis on stats??

It's tough to say. I agree with moo that WashU is the "classic" high-stat place that everyone mentions. You should definitely check out the MSAR book when the next one comes out. That will give you a great idea of average entrance stats for every school.

http://www.aamc.org/students/applying/msar.htm

I think the newest version will be released in a few months. It also has good general info on each school - I referred to the book constantly over the last year.

It's tough to say. I agree with moo that WashU is the "classic" high-stat place that everyone mentions. You should definitely check out the MSAR book when the next one comes out. That will give you a great idea of average entrance stats for every school.

http://www.aamc.org/students/applying/msar.htm

I think the newest version will be released in a few months. It also has good general info on each school - I referred to the book constantly over the last year.

THANKS A lot :)

Archived