Premed 101 Forums

Books for Sale

Guest AngelicAndi

Guest AngelicAndi

Hey '09s.

I have a couple of in like-new condition books that are useful for 1st year (especially if you're the type of person that likes texts)

Clinically Oriented Anatomy- A great book for people like me, who had never taken anatomy- full of useful acronyms and diagrams. $25 OBO

Bates-The newest edition of the clinical examination book. A required text for first year and a great read the night before clin methods-$85 OBO

Clinically Oriented Microbiology- great for bug week- very helpful! $25 OBO

I'll be in London as of Sept 6th.

Email aguerin@uwo.ca if interested

Thanks!

Andrea

• 2 weeks later...
Guest renaissanceman9

hello! has a book list been provided yet for 1st year meds? Does anyone know when we'll be able to know what books to get? Sorry to sound like a keener its just that I'm in India right now where apparently books are much cheaper than they are back home so I thought I'd ask. If anyone knows how I can find out that would be great.

cheers.

Guest UWOMED2005

Bates and an anatomy atlas (ie netter, Rohen&Yokuchi, etc) are all you 100% need.

Other books might be recommended. . . but not absolutely necessary. You get the odd prof who recommends you buy a textbook for ONE lecture that you will never ever use.

And there are books that might not be recommended which students at other schools find very useful (ie Lilly's Pathophysiology of the heart.)

Archived