Premed 101 Forums

When to book a test

Femto

Thanks everyone!

I have created an account, now I am just waiting until I can register for an Aug. date.

Also, I know there has been some discussion on this, but I was just curious if you think certain test dates are more competitive than others, thus making it more difficult to get a higher score? (maybe requires another post)

Femto

The test is marked on a curve (as you may know) so your scores do depend on others writing the same day.

Its been said that if you write in the summer, it may be tougher to get higher scores because thats typically when undergrads write (no exams, no classes, whole summer to prep, fresh out of science courses etc). The dates throughout the year tend to be mainly grad students who dont have a set class schedule or people in the work force.

All in all, it doesnt really matter when you write. People will be prepared no matter what their situation. Write when you feel ready!

Same here. Does anyone know when they make the August dates available? It sucks that they don't just make more spaces.

last year I registered for my August MCAT in the beginning of March (first week.. exact date was Mar 5 for me lol). I'm thinking they should open up the spots around the same time this year.

Archived