Premed 101 Forums

Science Gpa?

You would have all BCPM courses included for the science GPA. That's Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Math.

If your cGPA is alright, but your sGPA is questionable or quite different, I would imagine that it may not reflect too well on your app. If your sGPA is better than your cGPA, I would imagine that would do well for your app. Schools want to know that you can handle the sciences academically (that's probably also why LOR's come from science profs). If it wasn't important, it wouldn't be calculated.

You would have all BCPM courses included for the science GPA. That's Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Math.

If your cGPA is alright, but your sGPA is questionable or quite different, I would imagine that it may not reflect too well on your app. If your sGPA is better than your cGPA, I would imagine that would do well for your app. Schools want to know that you can handle the sciences academically (that's probably also why LOR's come from science profs). If it wasn't important, it wouldn't be calculated.

Wow, that sucks, lol. I got very low marks on a few science courses, so I took quite a few non-science electives this year to boost my gpa (and it hasn't really provided the boost). So I would've been better off just taking sciences...maybe..

The GPA for US Medical Schools is not as important as in Canada. If you have a low GPA you could get an extremely high MCAT and in conjunction with great activities/esseys etc and you should be fine.

GPA still is quite important and don't detract from that! GPA and MCAT will not always balance. Screen MDapplicants and see how many people with low GPA's actually get in.

Schools still want to know how you function in the classroom setting. MCAT isn't the give all take all.

Archived