Premed 101 Forums

paranoia

Guest clarinet

Guest clarinet

I have paranoid questions similar to choti's below :) My fourth year is going to count as one of my two GPA years...but in my fourth year, I has less than 60% fourth year courses. I already have a UWO acceptance...but part of me wonders if perhaps UWO did not notice I did not have 60% 4th courses and will they take my offer away if they notice that this is the case?

Guest iceapatel

Clarinet, did you get your orientation package in the mail last week? If so, then they must have checked out your 4th year grades/coursework to make sure they are adequate... they wouldn't have sent the package otherwise.

Plus, I don't even think they have any sort of restrictions on the courses you take in your last year (although I am not sure about this)... I'm sure lots of people take a mixture of 3rd/4th year courses in their upper years (I did!).

As long as you got > 3.7, you have nothing to worry about, I would say. You can always phone up/e-mail Darla to confirm you are 100% good to go (which I did too, before I signed my apartment lease)... I'm sure she's used to the paranoia by now ;)

Guest squishymichy

Hi,

you need 60% or more senior level courses, which encompass anything from 2nd year or above. Don't worry about the number of 4th year courses, but be sure you have at least 60% courses above first year (0-levels at western and sometimes 100-levels at other schools, but 100-level western courses are second year).

See you in September

Guest TimmyMax

Hey,

So long as you aren't trying to put together a 4th year with 3.0 (or 2.5) out of 5.0 courses at the 1st year level (or equivalent), you'll be fine. Sometimes it is impossible to take enough 4th year courses to comprise 60% of your courseload and UWO is well aware of this. So long as 60% of your courseload is at the 2nd year level or above, you'll be fine.

Best of luck!

Timmy

Archived