Premed 101 Forums

I just wrote practice test 3....

2011hope

ya, i was surprised as how low the phys and bio were but since i am only about a week into my content review (using exam crackers, just in the 3rd/4th lecture of the books) and i am way out of practice i guess it aint bad. ill continue my content review and memorization and do more practice tests over the next month or so. should be okay.

So I just did practice test 3 (this is my first time doing an mcat since 2004 and I just started studying for it a few weeks ago). My score is:

VR: 11

Phys: 6

Bio: 7

I'm not sure what to make of that. Thoughts? I will be writing on March 27th.

So I just did practice test 6 and

Phys: 9

Bio: 8

Improvement!

and this bio section had a lot of organic chem on it which I understand is not the case for the new mcat exams, is that right?--that there is less orgo on them? So I am pleased with my progress so far considering I have 5 more weeks to study and improve.

Improvement!

and this bio section had a lot of organic chem on it which I understand is not the case for the new mcat exams, is that right?--that there is less orgo on them? So I am pleased with my progress so far considering I have 5 more weeks to study and improve.

Looking better, keep it up!

Seems pretty variable as to the amount of organic on the tests. I am not sure if it went up or down to be honest.

Improvement!

It seems like your VR is nice and stable, which is great. Not needing to spend a lot of time preparing for that section will free up your time to study the sciences.

Improvement!

Good job! especially on the verbal

I don't believe there is less orgo on the actual mcat, I know people who had about 3-4 orgo passages, and they wished they had studied more orgo

this post looks like its on SDN as well.. somewhere on there it mentions you are still in highschool??!?

Anyway as an aside:

- can we actually download the AAMC exams onto a PDF document?

I'd like to print it out to work on on paper.. also are the answer keys in PDF form as well? or do we have to manually enter into the computer and submit before we get the answers?

Thanks!

...can we actually download the AAMC exams onto a PDF document?

...also are the answer keys in PDF form as well? or do we have to manually enter into the computer and submit before we get the answers?

Yes, once you purchase the AAMC MCAT Practice Tests, you can download a PDF file and subsequently print them off.

No, there are no answer keys/solutions guides that specifically come with the tests you purchased online from the AAMC. Manually entering your own answers online is the method required to view the full solutions.

Archived