Premed 101 Forums

Interview preparation material/courses/consultation services - are they worth it?

I purchased one of the products for my interview, found it somewhat helpful. At least showed me what to expect. If you're unsure how to practice, prepare for the interview, just buy it, think of it as an investment. Saves lots of time and effort searching and asking for some useless information

I was also wondering whether anyone has received coaching from Astroff consultants? I'm interested, but I don't know if its worth all that money? Has anyone had expereience with him?

My friend did that. It was pretty costly and she justified it as "if it works, then it's just worth the investment to get into dentistry" ... which I agree with to a certain extent.

I got the topstar package and I feel neutral on it

Personally, I would have just searched for CDA questions and just practice with friends. That's what I did and I got into both Western and U of T. I'm at the latter now.

I think the best bang for your buck is to just find an older year student and do a mock interview with them *cough cough*

I did the mock interview with Astroff. I thought it was very productive for my interview skills. Robert is exceedingly nice and he stayed with me longer than the allotted time; he really wanted to help and gave great advice. I haven't had a chance to put what I learned to the test however since I had the mock interview the day after my UBC interview and I haven't done a CDA interview since lol :P (only McGill's standard interview).

R u talking abt that 99 dollars one? Does it have answers?

ya it seems a little pricey, but it goes over the test and provides structure for answering your questions, as well as manyof the questions in the book were the same ones during the interview I had. (5 of 7)

I was also wondering whether anyone has received coaching from Astroff consultants? I'm interested, but I don't know if its worth all that money? Has anyone had expereience with him?

This reply might be a little late considering the UT interviews are this weekend, but I went to Astroff last year and he was great. Got me accepted at both UWO and UT, really expensive but worth it.

I actually really liked the Top Star... The interview prep book was useless, but the extra practice questions was great. There were over 50 questions and almost all of them gave answers for how he would respond. All I really needed was that set of practice questions, and a friend to mock interview me a couple times and I felt that in the end the interview went great!

Archived