Premed 101 Forums

Advice: Balanced 34N, rewrite or just apply US already?

I have read the forums for a while, any helpful opinions are appreciated.

My current situation:

Written MCAT twice:

VR PS WS BS

10 11 N 13 34N

09 13 Q 12 34Q

Current Grad Student

cGPA : 3.72

gradGPA: 4.0

ECs/LORs/Research all standard

Should I:

1. rewrite to get a 34+ balanced with QRST (I've gotten QRST before so I presume its not impossible) for Canada to "look at me".

2. forget about it and apply US (do I have a shot? with the N?)

I have read the forums for a while, any helpful opinions are appreciated.

My current situation:

Written MCAT twice:

VR PS WS BS

10 11 N 13 34N

09 13 Q 12 34Q

Current Grad Student

cGPA : 3.72

gradGPA: 4.0

ECs/LORs/Research all standard

Should I:

1. rewrite to get a 34+ balanced with QRST (I've gotten QRST before so I presume its not impossible) for Canada to "look at me".

2. forget about it and apply US (do I have a shot? with the N?)

1. Depends if YOU want Canada.

2. Depends if YOU want the US over Canada. Writing sample in the US is not critical, but make sure you have clinical experience before you apply. Your GPA as 34's should be good to apply with.

Rewrite then apply to both Canada and US. I don't think the rewrites will hurt you in the US since you've consistently gotten 34 (which is a very good score). If you can get a decent WS score and keep your verbal above 9, you have guaranteed interview at UWO (i believe).

Rewrite then apply to both Canada and US. I don't think the rewrites will hurt you in the US since you've consistently gotten 34 (which is a very good score). If you can get a decent WS score and keep your verbal above 9, you have guaranteed interview at UWO (i believe).

Verbal at UWO was a cutoff of 11 this year

Verbal at UWO was a cutoff of 11 this year

WOW, looks like they are really determined to keep normal people out of medical school. To the OP. If you apply to the states with your current MCATs you will be fine. You look like you have a solid UG GPA and grad work will also make you look good. Just make sure you write excellent statements and apply early.

Don't mean to hijack the thread guys, just quick question about the OP's re-write with the same overall score:

So you are not penalized for re-writing and achieving the same/similar overall score in the US? I thought this was a no-no in the States.

Asking because I am in the same boat, rewriting an unbalanced 33.

Archived