Premed 101 Forums

I need to switch. I just need to.

A real intellectual! You spit vociferous invective about a specialty of which you are clearly completely ignorant, highlighting your own arrogance in the process. Enough of your sanctimoniousness. Pathology isn't the scapegoat of medicine. There is no greater a preponderance of the maladjusted and socially inept in pathology as compared to any other specialty. I only hope that I never have to work with someone who is as quick to unsubstantiated fallacious judgment as you.

To the OP: Stand indefatigable in the face of Carms. You deserve to do what you want. If you can switch do. Find something that you like to do. People switch frequently, and often. The other fellow who posted the road map for switching was giving out some really good advice. Good luck!

Are you kidding me?

It's funny when people try to be pretentious and just end up sounding like an *******.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happened across this little bit of info and I think it's very interesting:

http://www.medicine.uottawa.ca/postgraduate/eng/graduates_cms.html

"Provincial [Ontario] regulations prevent Canadian medical graduates to obtain their own funding (hospital or other organization) to enter a residency program or transfer to another residency program if already registered in a residency program." (italics mine)

So, if you don't like your residency program, switching by selling yourself to a desperate health region won't fly in Ontario (if I'm reading this correctly); note that this tactic has been employed in other provinces. Just something to bear in mind if you match in Ontario.

Archived