Premed 101 Forums

First Aid/CPR course in Ottawa May 28 and June 4

Guest UofOBPS

Guest UofOBPS

Hi everyone,

I'm getting together a First Aid/CPR course for new med school students (I'm provisionally accepting Queen's and crossing my fingers hard to get off the McGill OOP waitlist!). The course would be offered Sunday May 28 and Sunday June 4 at the Dovercourt Recreation Centre in the West end of Ottawa. I need 3 people other than myself to register so please let me know if you're interested (it'd be fun to meet other future med students). The cost is $95, and the course runs for two full days usually but may be shorter if we are a small group.

Thanks!

Bettina (bchoo_ca@yahoo.com)

Guest 1984MD

Does McGill require new Med I's to take a CPR/First Aid course before starting classes in the fall? I was undert he impression that McGill offers a mandatory class before clinical rotations ( ICM and POM). DO we need to take any kind of course before the fall? How long are these certificates valid for anyways because I got a First Aid and CPR (level C, I believe) certificate back in September 2004 (is it still valid?). thanks

Guest mstr splinter

Right--you don't need to take a first aid course. There's a BCLS course in 2nd year and ACLS in 3rd year that McGill pays for, although you have to buy the ACLS book.

Archived