Premed 101 Forums

preinterview rejection?

Guest DancingDoc

Guest DancingDoc

Hi everyone,

Has anyone received a pre-interview rejection letter yet who is OOP? I know it's been a couple since the OOP interview weekend and they still have not contacted me. Is anyone else in the same boat? I wish they would just get on with it so I can know 100% that I'm already rejected. :rolleyes

Guest hoomsy

Hey,

Unfortunately how McGill works they send invites for interview first. Then like a month or 2 after the interviews they send out the rejection letters (kinda pointless). If you did not interview on the one of the two scheduled interview days then I'm afraid you were not offered admissions :(

Good luck on other schools!

Guest DancingDoc

Thanks Hoomsy. I figured that, but I don't get why they hold onto them since it's obvious (if your smart enough to look at the interview schedule) that you were not offered an interview. Is just "in case" ____? Anyhow, hopefully I'll have better luck elsewhere!! Good luck next year :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest DancingDoc

Soooo, anyone still in the boat that Mcgill NEVER got back to you about interviews. I assume I was rejected, but I still have not heard back. Is there a reason for this? If it's normal it's kind of ridiculous, if it's not should I be contacting them in case something was lost? (Don't worry not holding out much hope). Anyway just curious because it seems odd that, as an OOP student, with OOP interviews long completed I still have heard anything. Thanks for any info!

Guest trustwomen

The international students had interviews about three weeks before the OOPs and got their FINAL answers about 2.5 weeks ago. I suspect they are just late in mailing out rejection letters. Are you sure they got everything they needed for your file?

Bummer. I feel for ya. Don't give up.

Guest DancingDoc

Yep, they definitely got everything for my file because it was messed up originally but was fixed. So, maybe I will hear soon (i.e. bad news). Thanks for responding.

Archived