Premed 101 Forums

**sgpa Question

Hello all,

so i have a few questions about US schools calculating sgpa

1) which science courses do they consider? I'm a psych a major and i've heard they even look at psych stats as science courses too

2) do they look at all of your biology and chemistry courses or only the prerequisites when they calculate the sgpa

3) also, what's the "minimum" sgpa acceptable? because my gpa first year was around 3.3, second year it was 3.8, and in my third year now it's 4.0

i'm just really worried that my first year marks for the sci prerequisites will lower my chances :(

1) which science courses do they consider? I'm a psych a major and i've heard they even look at psych stats as science courses too

Biology, chemistry, physics, math (BCPM)

2) do they look at all of your biology and chemistry courses or only the prerequisites when they calculate the sgpa

All. It is an AMCAS calc

3) also, what's the "minimum" sgpa acceptable? because my gpa first year was around 3.3, second year it was 3.8, and in my third year now it's 4.0

No defined "minimum". Should be near or above cGPA at competitive figures

Hello all,

i'm just really worried that my first year marks for the sci prerequisites will lower my chances :(

1. http://www.aamc.org/students/applying/advisors/amcas2009instructionmanual072808.pdf

Pg. 53-59 of the manual tells you which courses are "science courses" in great detail (or pg. 59 of the PDF)

2. and 3. See Keith's response.

Hello all,

YES AND NO. ITS A MATH COURSE, BUT IT WILL BE IN UR S/BCPM GPA

ALL

NO SUCH THING

Archived