Premed 101 Forums

distinction between OOP and IP

Guest SherriONT

Guest SherriONT

Does McGill reserve a certain number of seats for Quebec residents? I've checked out their website but can't find any info on how many OOP applicants they accept compared to IP applicants.

Thanks!

Guest medicator007

The number of McGill spots available is set by the Quebec government which limits the number of people from the rest of canada who may study medicine in our province. There are special allocations to NB due to the francophone speaking population there and the absence of a med school for the time being in that province.

As to how many spots go to McGill it is hard to say as it varies from year to year and also to an extent on whether the other schools in Quebec use their allocation. Suffice it to say that it is NOT easy to get into McGill as an OOP and i believe McGill continues to take more students from the USA then ROC.

Cheers,

Medicator

Guest richmond604

last year excluding CEGEP kids there were ....70 seats

and i believe less than 8 OOP (i'm not sure)

but international studetns have better chances than OP ;)

Guest DancingDoc

I think it's actually something like 5-7 OOP (out of about 400 I think) and about 12 international (of 150 applicants I think)..... I remember reading that somewhere on their website.

Anyone actually know when OOPs hear about interview invites because it's not that far from the weekend that interviews are held (Feb 10 and 13th, right?)

Archived