Premed 101 Forums

Olympic gold vs. playoffs

If you could have only picked one, which would it have been?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. If you could have only picked one, which would it have been?

• Flames made the playoffs
    • Olympic hockey team winning gold

this poll is a bit one-sided.. making the playoffs doesn't necessarily mean winning the Stanley Cup.

Perhaps the question would be better posed as? Flames winning the Stanley vs. winning the Olympic Gold. Even then I still see the poll as one-sided.

LOL nice one, we all need jokes this time of the year to keep our mind off med admission. Flames winning the cup, that cracked a good laugh for me.

an even funnier laugh would have been the oilers cracking second last place ;)

Har har. At least we have something to show for our lack of playoff-ness (ie Top 2 pick). When is the earliest the Flames will pick? 3rd round at the earliest, unless they decide that this is the year they want to give it to the Oilers (as opposed to next year), in which case it will be the 4th round. So we may have failed (epically), but at least we have something to show for it;).

Har har. At least we have something to show for our lack of playoff-ness (ie Top 2 pick). When is the earliest the Flames will pick? 3rd round at the earliest, unless they decide that this is the year they want to give it to the Oilers (as opposed to next year), in which case it will be the 4th round. So we may have failed (epically), but at least we have something to show for it;).

I think the Jokinen trade initiated the demise of the Calgary Flames. At the time it seemed great, but at this point, it's astonishing that it cost them their first round pick. Oh well, guess it's up to the Canucks this year.

Archived