Premed 101 Forums

McGill Application

Guest mluong

Hi

I just 'finished' the online portion of the application and there is really not much to it right? It's not as involved as the Ontario universities or UBC for example so I'm a bit worried there's more to do. For extracurricular activities, I read in some other posts I guess they get that from your CV and Autobiography? Can someone just tell me if this is right so I can move on comfortably knowing that I did this part right.

Thanks!

Hello again,

1. It says to "Indicate clearly when the activity cited began and ended (e.g. during High School vs. College or beyond)" so am I supposed to have this info written in brackets or something after each activity I mention in my letter?

2. And should my CV include names of verifiers or anything for all the activities? How would mcgill verify these activities I wrote? Am I supposed to write these somewhere?

Thanks in advance!

Guest ilitvino

Actually, they were not very strict with dates or verifiers in my case. I did not include any dates in the statement because all the dates were listed in my CV. However, from the content of the statement it was clear if the activity took place during Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, post-bac, etc periods. My CV did list "supervisors" or "mentors" or "advisors" for each position/experience, however, I did not provide any telephone information or anything like that... I guess, if they have questions, they will contact you.

Good luck ;)

Archived