Premed 101 Forums

Question from an IMG

Hello guys and girls !

I have a few questions that have been probably asked a million times but still I need some answers and I do not feel comfortable not knowing !

So I have the MCCQE1 to sit for this coming May. (14)

And I just got my vacation which is around 3 weeks and I need to study for this exam.

I was wondering if you guys know how important the score is for this exam. Knowing that I am an IMG, do I just need to pass or do I have to get like a really high score? and what is a high score on this exam ? :)

I registered for the candaqbank website. The questions there were kind of weird :) Do they actually reflect the real thing?

I have been doing USMLE questions and I am getting most of them right. How reflective is that?

I have the Toronto notes, but that book is a nightmare ! So many facts put together !

I also bought DOING RIGHT, I think it would help. Any ideas on that?

and how about the book by Dr. Shah, the one about preventative med? Is it good or is the Toronto notes section on that subject enough?

One final thing ! Is three weeks enough?

Thanks all !

I was wondering if you guys know how important the score is for this exam. Knowing that I am an IMG, do I just need to pass or do I have to get like a really high score? and what is a high score on this exam ? :)

You just have to pass, but passing ain't easy. That's all i know. :)

Archived