Premed 101 Forums

Rejection Letter

Guest MDSMelissa

Guest MDSMelissa

Hi,

I'd just like to express my frustration with McGill. I received my rejection letter today, as expected from my appliction status on Minerva. The letter stated no reason for rejection. I have written the school several times over the past 2 months regarding my MCAT scores (using 2003 not 2002) and I have received no response. I am very disappointed in their general lack of responsiveness.

Is there any way to find out why an application was refused?

Thanks,

Melissa

Guest biomedeng

Sorry to hear about the rejection letter....

I am just wondering if you are in province or out of provice. Did the minerva status change from 'ready for review'?

Have you tried calling the office? I think it may be easier to reach them that way.

Good luck with the rest of your applications.

Guest LoveMcGill

Hi Melissa,

I am really sorry about the rejection letter. I went to ask for you at the admission office today about your concern. I was assured that they would have taken in to consideration both of your scores - the Minerva system can accommodate only one of the scores. The office is usually very good in responding to people's concerns. The OOP interviews are held this week and so they are quite busy. Best of luck with your Ontario applications.

Guest med2006McGill

Hi Melissa,

Sorry to hear about your rejection letter. I'm sure that they will be able to let you know why your application was refused after they're done with the OOP and in-province interviews. However, keep in mind that it's really hard to get an interview as an OOP student since they only take in 5-8 OOP students. As a result, lots of qualified applicants get rejected. Don't get too upset!

Best of luck with your Ontario applications!;)

• 2 weeks later...

it is kind of funny that mcgill treats out of province students like this. i remember how difficult it was to get in as an ontario student. i didn't get an interview either. but the good news is that if you're applying for a residency in mcgill, they'll bend over backwards for you and will wine and dine you to entice you to go to mcgill.

Guest MDSMelissa

Hello,

I was very happy to receive a phone call from Marlene Kristian in the office of admissions today. She appologized for not phoning me earlier, and she was able to reassure me that my second MCAT scores were considered, however they were still too low to be competitive (32(10,10,12) O).

Thanks to Marlene, my confidence in McGill is restored, and who knows, I may be one of those lucky med students who gets "wined and dined" to do my residency there!

Thanks for all the support,

Melissa

• 2 weeks later...
Guest byjude

Is that true about the wining and dining?

I'd love to go to McGill, but alas, I'm an Ontarian, and not a superhuman one at that.

But based on the premed glimpse into residency (for whatever that's worth) I'd LOVE to go to McGill for residency. So any affection on their part (or at least none of this spite I'm getting right now) would be incredible!

• 1 year later...

Archived