Premed 101 Forums

Wait-list support group!

green_sun

IP university applicant, received an admission offer from the waitlist today by email!

Seems like the list is still moving so don't give up!

Regarding your question green_sun, I think applicants on the list are already ranked so I don't think sending in additional transcripts would help influence the decision as if everyone started doing this and the office considered it then it could potentially change the established order and cause a lot of trouble and extra work for them as they would have to re-evaluate each applicant again, thus leading to potentially unfair treatment.

I know for the US schools waitlisted people can sometimes send in letters of interest to increase their chances, but it is my understanding that some of these schools specifically state that their waitlist is not ranked and that they reserve the right to admit people solely based on how they would complement the class diversity and demographics, something that is not done in Canada as far as I know.

Of course, I could be wrong so if you want official information I think you should contact Mr. Dansereau and ask him personally.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats Auriel, maybe you received Kinemed's spot! It must feel so relieving to get off the waitlist!

Thanks for keeping us posted everyone. Its nice to get a sense of how things are moving without having to purely imagine when or how many offers are getting handed out.

Did anyone find out from the admissions office their general placement on the waitlist? Are they giving any of that information out yet this year?

Congrats Auriel, maybe you received Kinemed's spot! It must feel so relieving to get off the waitlist!

Did anyone find out from the admissions office their general placement on the waitlist? Are they giving any of that information out yet this year?

Always happy to give up a spot hahah.

I didn't call to find out, but I talked to another IP who said that they were told "within the top 1/3". So it's worth a call!

Regarding your question green_sun, I think applicants on the list are already ranked so I don't think sending in additional transcripts would help influence the decision as if everyone started doing this and the office considered it then it could potentially change the established order and cause a lot of trouble and extra work for them as they would have to re-evaluate each applicant again, thus leading to potentially unfair treatment.

I know for the US schools waitlisted people can sometimes send in letters of interest to increase their chances, but it is my understanding that some of these schools specifically state that their waitlist is not ranked and that they reserve the right to admit people solely based on how they would complement the class diversity and demographics, something that is not done in Canada as far as I know.

Of course, I could be wrong so if you want official information I think you should contact Mr. Dansereau and ask him personally.

I'd agree with Auriel. Unless you get in (at which point you'll need to provide final transcripts if you have a degree or pre-req's in progress), don't worry about sending anything else in, it won't affect your position on the WL.

Archived