Premed 101 Forums

Wait-list support group!

green_sun

salutt

je me demande pourquoi l'université McGIll ne nous fourni pas notre rang sur la liste, est ce qu'il y a une raison particulière à cela.

ca m'aiderait énormément de le savoir !!! (cours d'anglais, reservation de chambres dans d'autres universités)

mercii

Désolé, je suis nulle en francais:

Vous pouvez leur demander si vous avez une bonne chance ou non un peu plus tard cet été. Ca depends de votre situation, et s'ils pensent que c'est pressant.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Google group at 132, facebook group at 111 (1 being the Medical Student Society VP Social....so really 110) :)

By the way, I was wondering: in the facebook group, is it the new premed ppl who just got accepted nin the program or the current pre-med students who are going to join our MDCM class?

By the way, I was wondering: in the facebook group, is it the new premed ppl who just got accepted nin the program or the current pre-med students who are going to join our MDCM class?

They are the current premeds who will be joining our class.

Megan Delisle is the premed rep, so I got her to send them all a message to join the group :)

Google group at 132, facebook group at 111 (1 being the Medical Student Society VP Social....so really 110) :)

I'm a bit confused by who the Google group is composed of. Can anyone shine some light on this?

On the facebook page someone mentioned that the Med-P's entering Med 1 won't find out til June if they're officially accepted, and thus won't get into the google group until then.

Thus, right now is the google group composed of just IP's with degrees, OOPs and international students? Or new Med-P's as well? With only 130 members so far, the math just doesn't make sense to me!

I'm a bit confused by who the Google group is composed of. Can anyone shine some light on this?

On the facebook page someone mentioned that the Med-P's entering Med 1 won't find out til June if they're officially accepted, and thus won't get into the google group until then.

Thus, right now is the google group composed of just IP's with degrees, OOPs and international students? Or new Med-P's as well? With only 130 members so far, the math just doesn't make sense to me!

Hmmmm....good point. That I cannot answer.

Although I do know that the waitlist is now moving....one of my friends got accepted off the waitlist today and she has until may 31st to decide.

The Med-Ps haven't joined the google group yet. I think it only contains the IP, OOPs and international students, and perhaps some upper year medical students.

So, today was the day that original IP offers had to be confirmed (by a refundable deposit) or not.

Does anyone know of any waitlist offers thusfar today? I heard that Dansereau will be away for this week, so I wonder if they hold off on the waitlist offers until he returns.

Also, sorry to be a pest, especially since we don't exactly know what the google group is composed of, but out of curiosity, what is the # at now?

Sorry for whining, but why is this waitlist not moving....

Because few people get in off the waitlist. The majority that do are Med-P's due to the overwhelming popularity of the french medical school's for premed.

McGill has the lowest tuition in Canada and is known to have strong medical school graduates so few people turn down their spot. On average maybe 5 get in off the waiting list.

I was called in July so you never know.

Received an offer today.

IP, 4.00 GPA, 39 MCAT. Didn't feel great about my interview and wasn't surprised when I was WL. Accepted at Mac and accepted off WL at Ottawa.

Turning down the offer in favour of Ottawa. Currently living in Ottawa and honestly, feel that their program is better suited for me (less lecture time, less time spent in class, more PBL). Tough giving up the tuition and reputation, but those aren't always the best factors to make my decision on!

So, another open spot for someone else!

Archived