Premed 101 Forums

McGill online application..??

Guest UBClebronjames

Guest UBClebronjames

I am not sure if I am filling out the proper online application for McGill. I went to McGill admissions and then I filled out the following headings:

•*Identification

•*Address Information

•*Program Information

•*Personal Information

•*Employment and Activity Info

•*Additional Information

•*Disclosure Information

•*CEGEP History

•*University History

•*Education Information

•*Tests Taken

•*Referee Information

•*Medicine Information

•*Authorization Form

...now I am being asked to pay the application fee of $60... but I have not yet filled out an essay or autobiographical sketch or even my marks.

Is there a separate application that you are provided after sumbiting this one/paying the application fee of $60?

Guest LoveMcGill

Hi. You essentially have to submit two applications. The online application is administered by the University itself not the Medical School and is the same for all applicants to all McGill programmes. The information you submit with the online application is not used by the Medical School during the admission process. The purpose of the online application is just to set up your application e-file and to pay your application fee. Eventually, you will be able to use this online application file to check your day-to-day application status. After you submit the online application, you will need to physically send McGill’s Medical School Admissions Office all of the required documents outlined in:

www.medicine.mcgill.ca/ad...o%20letter

This includes your bio/essay, transcripts, prerequisite course descriptions, reference letters, as well as residency and citizenship status documentation. Best of luck with your applications! Med school is tough but still so exciting that it is worth every effort you put into getting in.

Archived