Premed 101 Forums

What's the lowest CRC McGill can accept?

Guest peechyangel

Guest Ian Wong

Moved out of the General Premed forum into the McGill forum... :) I deleted the duplicate posting you made there; please only post your question once in the most appropriate forum. Otherwise, things will start getting very disorganized very quickly as people start replying to your question. :)

Ian

UBC, Med 4

Guest Biochem10

Hey. I'm not sure about CEGEP averages in regards to med school and I don't think too many people on this forum are either. Here's my advice though, call the admissions office and ask--they're very nice and I'm sure you will get the answer you need. I know that entrance to med school after CEGEP is REALLY competitive, so don't despair if you don't make the cuts. First of all, find something you think you would enjoy studying, do a BA or BSc and apply again in three years. This way you will also have a chance at other schools outside of Quebec. I'm sure you were really hoping to get in straight after CEGEP, but in my opinion a bachelor's degree is definetly not a waste of time. Good luck!

Guest peechyangel

That's a good idea.I think I could go into physio. I guess its not really the end of the world if I don't get in in the first try. My grades will have time to get better during an undergrad. I'll just have to wait and see what happens.:\

Thanks BioChem

Guest medicator007

PeachyAngel,

As Biochem alluded, entrance into McGill straight out of CEGEP is rather competitive. In response to your other thread, I am under the impression that your autobiographical letter is NOT read if you don't meet the CRC cutoff... though my response is by no means official McGill policy! That being said, the only true way to know anything is to apply.

Good Luck!

Medicator

PS... Biochem's advice on the Bsc or BA is dead on

• 1 month later...
Guest quebecboy

Hello,

As I recall (on the McGill website), the average CRC of people admitted into med-p was 35.7 (it doesn't really go down farther than 34.5, although laval interviewed people with 33.9 last year).

Quebecboy

• 2 months later...
Guest Alby187

I know a few people who got into pre-med last year, and i have some interesting news.

Although the average turned out to be 35.7, it was only due to a few students, who had come from a small out of town french cegep that somehow beefed up their crc's. The crc's I heard of were two 39's and a whopping 41!

Without these little anomalies, the average would've probably been around a 35-35.2, at least thats what 3 pre-medders told me.

Btw, for this year, I know people who got in with straight 34's and one with a 33.5 . So although they say the cutoff is a 34, it doesn't mean they don't read your letter.

During the pre-med evening last year, the assistant head of admissions said that every letter will be read...having under 34 does hurt your chances, but if your letter is good (ie, you've been active), they will still take you!

Archived