Premed 101 Forums

One year masters programs?

Does anyone know of any one year masters in the sciences (in Ontario)?

I did some research, but really all I could find was stuff relating to biotech at UTM....are there any other programs out there?

EDIT: WHOOPS...wrong forum...mod move to pre-med forum pls? =)

I know a lot of premeds like to do 1 year masters of public health programs or something... i think there's one at UofT, and they just started one at Mac...

with regard to science-baesd masters, i don't know many... most that i know of are research-based, which are usually more than 1 year... i BELIEVE that Mac is starting a research based program that has a 1 year option in the MINDS program (neuroscience)... I'm not sure if they are doing it in programs at Mac as well... if you're interested, email Dr. Jane Foster (jfoster@mcmaster.ca) - she doesn't run the program or anything, but it was her that I learned about it from last year, and I think she had a hand in making it... actually, now that i think of it, maybe it is just something she, herself, offers... anyways, email her if you're interested, as i obviously don't know what i'm talking about lol

Guelph has a one year (3 semesters) coursework masters in Human Health and Nutrition. There are then 3 different areas of focus - Nutrition and Nutraceuticals, Nutrition and Metabolism, and Biomechanics (I believe)

I'm starting in the fall, so let me know if you want more details! :)

• 2 weeks later...
I know a lot of premeds like to do 1 year masters of public health programs or something... i think there's one at UofT, and they just started one at Mac...

with regard to science-baesd masters, i don't know many... most that i know of are research-based, which are usually more than 1 year... i BELIEVE that Mac is starting a research based program that has a 1 year option in the MINDS program (neuroscience)... I'm not sure if they are doing it in programs at Mac as well... if you're interested, email Dr. Jane Foster (jfoster@mcmaster.ca) - she doesn't run the program or anything, but it was her that I learned about it from last year, and I think she had a hand in making it... actually, now that i think of it, maybe it is just something she, herself, offers... anyways, email her if you're interested, as i obviously don't know what i'm talking about lol

i only found a 16month masters of public health programs at UofT, where's this 1 year program?!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

The department of Biomedical Sciences at the University of Guelph also offers a one year masters program that combines course work in basic medical sciences with a lab based project. Many past students have taken this between their B.Sc. and going on to medical school, because it offers a more extended research experience than is possible in most undergraduate programs, but is considerably shorter (September 1 - August 1) than the conventional thesis-based M.Sc.

Archived