Premed 101 Forums

Need Help

Hey guys im about to choose courses for next year. Im wondering how many missing pre-reqs is considered ok. Would it be fine missing one orgo, one physics, and one english? The reason I dont want to take these courses is because im afraid they might pull my GPA down.

Other than that, I have most of the other courses done already. Also, are there any other requirments for american schools such as taking humanities courses? Is economics considered humanities?

thanks

Hey guys im about to choose courses for next year. Im wondering how many missing pre-reqs is considered ok. Would it be fine missing one orgo, one physics, and one english? The reason I dont want to take these courses is because im afraid they might pull my GPA down.

Other than that, I have most of the other courses done already. Also, are there any other requirments for american schools such as taking humanities courses? Is economics considered humanities?

thanks

You're missing too many prereqs. Will definitely raise some eyebrows. I'm pretty sure other ppl will agree here. Think about how bad the summer after you apply will be if you take all the prereqs then.

Would missing 2 be fine? Im entering my 3rd year in september. Maybe I should take 1 out of the 3 missing ones? Any thoughts?

Also, any other courses that most schools need?

So far I have

1 year bio

1 year Gen Chem

0.5 Orgo

0.5 Calculus

0.5 physics

Will do 0.5 of biochem 0.5 english and 0.5 of more physics next year

Along with that ive taken random courses like econ, life sci courses, neurosci, ecology.

Edit: also taking 0.5 of stats

Any thing else im missing? appreciate any help

Would missing 2 be fine? Im entering my 3rd year in september. Maybe I should take 1 out of the 3 missing ones? Any thoughts?

Also, any other courses that most schools need?

So far I have

1 year bio

1 year Gen Chem

0.5 Orgo

0.5 Calculus

0.5 physics

Will do 0.5 of biochem 0.5 english and 0.5 of more physics next year

Along with that ive taken random courses like econ, life sci courses, neurosci, ecology.

Edit: also taking 0.5 of stats

Any thing else im missing? appreciate any help

2 courses missing is fine IMO, but most schools require a full year of English, so you might be missing more courses than you think.

Archived