Premed 101 Forums

MPH in Australia

Hello All,

I am going to be pursuing my MPH in Australia (Melbourne) in Feb 2011. I want to apply to med school when I'm done. I would like to ideally come back to Canada and work. Do you think that doing a masters abroad would be considered "less than" if I were to stay in Canada to do it?

Hello All,

I am going to be pursuing my MPH in Australia (Melbourne) in Feb 2011. I want to apply to med school when I'm done. I would like to ideally come back to Canada and work. Do you think that doing a masters abroad would be considered "less than" if I were to stay in Canada to do it?

You want to come back to Canada as an MD... so why would your Masters be of concern?

I'm asking if my mph marks and my mph in general would be considered on the same level as an mph completed in Canada for med schools in Canada

Ahhh, I thought you meant you'd be applying to Aussie med school. I don't know the answer to that but your best bet would be emailing the individual schools. Intuitively I'd think they'd treat it like any other masters... at least for the schools that don't calculate masters for GPA.

Archived