Premed 101 Forums

Help

Guest Valani9

Guest Valani9

I'm very confused here.

I was entering my info into the online application, and now it's telling me that I'm done, and I can submit.

But I haven't done any of the essays, sketch, or course information yet. Do I have to submit this first, and then get something back from them? What's the story?

Guest medicator007

Valani9,

My first advice is to carefully read ALL of the instructions on the site. But to give you a brief resume, the essays are NOT sent in online, rather you send it a 4 page autobiographical letter as per their format by mail.... http://www.med.mcgill.ca and then go check out the admissions site and they will have all of the information you need.

Btw.... there is no sketch for mcgill, just the letter and i dont recall if the course info was submitted online or not... we are very different from OMSAS and u likely know now!

Cheers,

Medicator

I haven't even started my app to McGill...

so many midterms to cram for lately..

juss wanted to know if it was still possible...

I have done apps for Mac and Queen's already

I guess I have to go around looking for references again?

Is there just an essay for McGill?

What about transcript/academic records?

Thanks moderators

Guest med2006McGill

Hi AHCHIU,

Did you apply to UT? If so, the McGill essay is similar to UT's except the format is different (i.e. McGill asks you to describe the basis for your decision to be a doctor and your experience and exposure to health care ONLY on page one). You do need to arrange for a copy of your transcript and MCAT scores to be sent and received by McGill by Nov 15th. On top of that, you also need three reference letters (again due Nov 15th). Like OMSAS, you have to fill in some personal info on the web (ie your address, SIN etc.). Good luck with your application!

Archived