Premed 101 Forums

Is it true?

Guest BioChem22

Guest BioChem22

Is is true McGill does not look favorably at applicants who graduated from University of Quebec? I am doing my B.sc Biochem at U of Q and the reason I chose to do it at U of Q was that the classes are much smaller, one to three groups of ~40 students. I have heard good things and bad things, a lot of predjudice againts U of Q ever since I began here. Should I transfer to another university if I really want to get into McGill? All for the sake of reputation?

It would mean a lot to me to get some feedback...thx in advance.

Guest medicator007

Biochem22,

I have heard lots of rumours regarding how McGill looks upon certain institutions, be they CEGEP's or universities. Truth be told there is really no way of confirming any of these, but my personal feeling is that theyare bollocks. Med admissions at Mcgill is a fairly "straightforward process" :\ ... CGPA of over 3.5 and MCAT over 30 if ur from quebec u are virtually guaranteed an interview and from there the final score is 25% each for CGPA, MCAT, Interview and Letter... none of which should really depend on ur institution....

Though it is certainly possible and maybe even likely that they may ask you about your choice of program and institution during your interview, in which case you just give a truthful and honest answer.

There are lots of reasons to switch schools, in my opinion this is not one of them.

Hope this helps!

Medicator

Archived