Premed 101 Forums

Chances-OOP

Sorry to hijack this thread but please comment on my chances as well?

(OOP, omcas gpa)

4th: 3.85

3rd: 3.71

36 T

Masters (but is research based and only one graded course of 4.00).

I wasnt on the admissions committee so I dont know the ins/outs.

You meet the cutoffs....dal looks at the "whole package" so if you have some decent ECs with health-care related experience, you're chance is as good as anybody else's.

I wasnt on the admissions committee so I dont know the ins/outs.

You meet the cutoffs....dal looks at the "whole package" so if you have some decent ECs with health-care related experience, you're chance is as good as anybody else's.

Don't they have a specific section for non-health care related experience, that carries equal weight?

Don't they have a specific section for non-health care related experience, that carries equal weight?

i dont know...was never on the admissions committee and never got that letter that apparently shows the breakdown.

i know from personal experience that they look for at least *some* healthcare related experience.

• 1 month later...

All years that are being considered must meet the minimum requirement which is 3.7 for OOP even if the average equals out to 3.7 you won't meet minimum requirements if each individual year does not meet the requirements.

That said if you do meet minimum requirements you have a chance. The academics are only a portion of your overall score and the bigger portions are supplemental section and the interview.

my 3rd year: 3.64,

4th: 3.85

MCAT makes the cut off.

MSc, 3.9 (2 couses)

Do I have a chance?

Are you a maritime student? If not, you dont meet the GPA cutoff.

The MCAT cutoff is 24. If you have 24, you will get 0/15 for the MCAT portion of your admission score. For every point you get above 24, you get 1more point out of 15.

So in other words, no way to judge your chances.

It's actually not the case. I can't remember right now what it starts at but I'm thinking it might start at 2/10 (don't quote me on this) but it definitely does not start at 0. If you go through my old posts you'll see what it was from last year, it might have changed this year but I don't know.

Archived