Premed 101 Forums

OSAP Approved yet?

I was wondering if anyone's OSAP has been approved yet. When I login to check my status, it says that my application is on hold until more info is received from Mac with regards to the program tuition, book, and equipment costs. Does anyone know when Mac will send the info in? Thanks in advance!

My OSAP Application is also "currently on hold and cannot be processed any further." ;)

Still waitin'...:)

I was wondering if anyone's OSAP has been approved yet. When I login to check my status, it says that my application is on hold until more info is received from Mac with regards to the program tuition, book, and equipment costs. Does anyone know when Mac will send the info in? Thanks in advance!

...I mean, you are turning down a loan, after all! :D

Why would you turn down a loan?!

Btw -- is the OSOP Grant estimate basically what they'll forgive at the end of the school year? For example - they are estimating I'll get about 17k in loan. So at the end of the year, the OSOP (valued at about 7k) will turn that into 10k which I eventually have to pay back.

I have heard a seperate rumour that people don't normally have to pay back more than 7k/year and the rest is forgiven. Does that have any truth to it?

Btw -- is the OSOP Grant estimate basically what they'll forgive at the end of the school year? For example - they are estimating I'll get about 17k in loan. So at the end of the year, the OSOP (valued at about 7k) will turn that into 10k which I eventually have to pay back.

I have heard a seperate rumour that people don't normally have to pay back more than 7k/year and the rest is forgiven. Does that have any truth to it?

Mac med is three semester program... the osap limit for that is 10k, so above ten k, dont pay back.

For other schools like u of t, two semesters, max is the 7300 we hear about

Since you will be going to mac... YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY 10k

Mac med is three semester program... the osap limit for that is 10k, so above ten k, dont pay back.

For other schools like u of t, two semesters, max is the 7300 we hear about

Since you will be going to mac... YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY 10k

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha just kidding. fair is fair.

Guest viscous

its not a rumor. Anything above $7300 is free money.

Only if it's a 2-semester year. I was sad to find out that the number was actually a bit over $10k for Mac students.

However you only have three years so in the end it results in roughly the same amount being paid back in the end:

Mac - Pay back 10K + 10K + 10K = 30K owed to OSAP

Others - Pay back 7.3K + 7.3K + 7.3K + 7.3K = 29.2K owed to OSAP

Archived