Premed 101 Forums

Finish Chem Eng or transfer to UofT/Michener

Hi everyone, I have lurked on these boards for a while now, but never felt like I needed any advice (haha I was fine messing things up on my own). Sorry for the long story.. :( I am finished my 3rd year enrolled in Queen's engineering. I transferred disciplines after 2nd year as I did not like 1st or 2nd year. I am now in chemical eng. I have now 2 years left. My average first year was horrible, though I have improved to a 3.0 - 3.2 in 2nd and 3rd year.

My dilemma is this - I have been accepted to the Michener Institute/UofT collaborative BSc in Medical Radiation Sciences for Radiological Technology. I think that I would really enjoy it - and I really want to pursue vet or med school afterwards - is this possible? I just found out I have only 1 week to decide whether to accept their offer, and I have no clue what to do.

Should I complete this silly engineering degree (... 5 years total) should I try my very hardest to perhaps raise my GPA to maybe 3.4, make the best of being the head of a club OR should I switch to Toronto and be happy and study something interesting that directly relates to my interests?

I guess I am scared to make another wrong decision, seeing as I have almost made the wrong one each of the past 3 years.

You second degree people - is having the first degree useful?

Queen's eng has this stupid 6 year rule - so I couldn't really do the UofT program and come back to finish this eng degree. I have no idea what to do.

Thanks so much for any advice at all.

Take care everyone!

Archived