Premed 101 Forums

1st and 2nd year schedules

Guest DHP62

Guest DHP62

Hi all!

I've been looking around the UOttawa website and can't seem to find any info on how 1st and 2nd years are structured. Maybe some moderators can help me out! Assuming 3rd and 4th years are pretty standard clerkship years (but I could be wrong!), how do 1st and 2nd years work? I don't mean daily schedules so much, but rather more general year schedules. Things like: how long is each system taught for? When does the year end? When are exams? I just can't seem to find any info on this!

I hope that made sense. :P Thanks for any input!

DHP

Guest carletongirl

Hi guys,

I would actually like to know more about the daily schedules of first or second year med students at U of O. How much time is spent in class, in labs or in PBL? How much time on average is spent studying out of class?

Guest UOMeds06

Hi CarletonGirl,

Our schedule is quite good. Every morning we have class and usually once a week there will be anatomy and histology thrown in there. We have PBLs monday and friday mornings. PSD is at most every other week. We have LOADS of time to do electives and study! Hope this helps...sorry it's short....gotta go to MedShow, a fundraiser performance!

UOMeds06

Archived