Premed 101 Forums

Admissions Question for CEGEP

I'm looking at the admissions website and it says that if you're a CEGEP graduate you need to only complete 3 years (out of the 4) to be eligible to apply. This ofcourse refers to CEGEP students who attended 4-year institutions outside of Quebec. Does this mean we are exempt from the 'having to complete a BS or BA' requirement? I tried e-mailing the adcom, but pretty much all I got in reply was what's on the website - not really much help. Anyone get in after 3rd year after having completed CEGEP?

In Quebec, after 3 years you graduate with your bachelor's degree. There is something missing here, no? Can you return to a Quebec university and re eive credit say for 2 years of UG, so you graduate with one more year in Quebec. In the alternative, why wouldn't a university o/s Quebec give you credit for one yr of university. Sorry, I am not able to answer your question.

Well I did recieve SOME transfer credits for CEGEP work - but not enough to get rid of a whole year like in Quebec. But because I was offered quite an inticing athletic scholorship, I went with that option. When it comes down to it, I will have more than 120 credits by the end of next summer - so basically what I wanted to know was is it a bachelor's or equivalent (as is the case in several other med schools) where basically as long as you have more than 120 credits you're eligible (despite not having recieved a BS/BA)? Or must you complete the degree? I'm asking becuase I've also been offered admission to a DPT (physio) program - but deferred for the year. So if I do take that route I'll never actually recieve the BS diploma and it'll be at least 3 years by the time I graduate from that program.

A Quebec student will only need 90 credits to complete an undergraduate degree due to CEGEP which replaces basically grade 12 and 1st year undergrad outside Quebec.

If you did not complete CEGEP then a full 120 credits is required.

Basically, if you are going the undergrad route, you need to have fully completed your undergraduate degree.

Archived