Premed 101 Forums

Employment/Research

Guest JSS02

The Employment section of the Ottawa app says "Do not list research positions which are part of your graduate training or honors program. These should be listed under the Research section. NSERC summer studentship should be listed under the Awards section." I had a couple of summer research positions that are not a required part of my program. In this case, would I list these experiences under both Research and Employment?

Hi,

Any research project that you undertook that didn't lead to a grade on your transcript you can include under Research (even if it was a paying job).

Cheers.

Guest Ian Wong

If they don't give you explicit guidelines, then you might want to be selective and allocate your experiences into each category, so that you've got something listed for each section.

If you want to be even bolder, put the same position into both Research and Employment, but if you do this, make sure that your descriptions are identical for each section, so that it's clear that you aren't hiding anything. Take this with a grain of salt, as I never applied to Ottawa.

Ian

UBC, Med 3

Archived