Premed 101 Forums

'Car Value' and OSAP

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sp1nz - do you mind giving me a quote for a 2003 Dodge Caravan, ~130 000km, good/average condition? I'm hoping to god it's not worth over 5k... :S

03 Dodge Caravan SE: clean: $5625

average: $4200

03 Dodge Caravan Sport: clean: $6850

average: $5450

03 Dodge Caravan SE: clean: $5625

average: $4200

03 Dodge Caravan Sport: clean: $6850

average: $5450

Thanks so much! This van has recently been given to me as a gift from a family member, and is the first vehicle that's been under my name.

Should I think seriously about switching the ownership to one of my siblings...once OSAP makes a decision can I resubmit my info having switched the ownership of this vehicle (it won't be with me during school...just for use back at my parent's home over the holidays)?

And what should I look for specifically to determine if the condition of the van is actually clean/good or average?

Any thoughts/advice would be GREATLY appreciated... I'm starting to think this van was not a good idea. :(

Thanks so much! This van has recently been given to me as a gift from a family member, and is the first vehicle that's been under my name.

Should I think seriously about switching the ownership to one of my siblings...once OSAP makes a decision can I resubmit my info having switched the ownership of this vehicle (it won't be with me during school...just for use back at my parent's home over the holidays)?

And what should I look for specifically to determine if the condition of the van is actually clean/good or average?

Any thoughts/advice would be GREATLY appreciated... I'm starting to think this van was not a good idea. :(

I'll give you Black Book's definition of condition:

Extra Clean= like new for year model, perfect paint, no visible signs of wear, very low kilometres

Clean= very little interior or exterior wear, matching tires with good tread, mechanically sound

Average= visibly normal interior and exterior wear, still a good vehicle with substantial service remaining

Rough= a vehicle with a below-average interior and exterior condition and/or one with excessive kilometrage, limited serviceable life remaining.

Hey skiordie!

You should be fine - OSAP will "allow" for a vehicle up to $5,000 (without penalty) and then they start taking it off dollar for dollar - so if you list it at just over $5,000 it shouldn't affect your OSAP amount too much. And, you have something to get around in! I say it's win win for you! :)

Hey skiordie!

You should be fine - OSAP will "allow" for a vehicle up to $5,000 (without penalty) and then they start taking it off dollar for dollar - so if you list it at just over $5,000 it shouldn't affect your OSAP amount too much. And, you have something to get around in! I say it's win win for you! :)

Haha thanks for your perspective DocT7 - when you put it that way, I feel better! :)

When you get the chance, would you mind giving me the value of a

"2007 Hyundai Elantra GLS"

"2003 Honda Accord LX 4D V6"

"2006 Honda Civic DX-G 4D"

Thanks sp1nz.

2007 Hyundai Elantra GLS- $9700 (avg)

2003 Honda Accord LX 4D V6- $7350 (avg)

2006 Honda Civic DX-G 4D- $10075 (avg)

Thanks sp1nz!

Sorry to be such a bother...but could I also ask about the

2008.5 Mazda3 GX 4D

2003 Mazda Protege ES 4D

2002 Mazda Protege ES 4D

Thanks again!

No problem!

2008 Mazda3 GX 4D : $12100

2003 Mazda Protege ES 4D: $5125

2002 Mazda Protege ES 4D: $4525

Thanks again!

I've been looking at tons of used cars being sold privately and you've been super helpful.

But it's a bit frustrating, and I might just head to a Honda dealership where someone I know works there. Maybe I can work something out there.

That being said, I still have to bargain. When you get the chance, could you give me the values of these two cars?

2006 Honda Civic EX 4D

2007 Honda Civic LX 4D

Hopefully it's the last time I have to ask/bug you!

Thanks again!

I've been looking at tons of used cars being sold privately and you've been super helpful.

But it's a bit frustrating, and I might just head to a Honda dealership where someone I know works there. Maybe I can work something out there.

That being said, I still have to bargain. When you get the chance, could you give me the values of these two cars?

2006 Honda Civic EX 4D

2007 Honda Civic LX 4D

Hopefully it's the last time I have to ask/bug you!

2006 Honda Civic EX 4D: $12100

2007 Honda Civic LX 4D: $12400

sp1nz:

You have been very helpful to us! Thanks so much for taking the time to look these numbers up for us. I would appreciate amounts on the following (if you don't mind):

2009 Pontiac Vibe Wagon (average)

2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SE (average)

sp1nz:

You have been very helpful to us! Thanks so much for taking the time to look these numbers up for us. I would appreciate amounts on the following (if you don't mind):

2009 Pontiac Vibe Wagon (average)

2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SE (average)

No problem! Just here to help.

Not sure which trim you need, so here are all of them:

2009 Pontiac Vibe Wagon Base: $13650

2009 Pontiac Vibe Wagon Base AWD: $14825

2009 Pontiac Vibe Wagon GT: $16800

2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SE: $14875

Hey sp1nz, do you think I could ask about the values for a few cars?

2003 Volkswagon Jetta GLS 4D

2003 Mazda Protege5 4D Hatchback

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally Edition 4D

2003 Volkswagon Jetta GLS 4D- comes as a 4Dr wagon and sedan, in base, 1.8T and TDI styles. Could you tell me which one you're looking for?

2003 Mazda Protege5 4D Hatchback: $5475

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally Edition 4D: $5325

Hey sp1nz, do you think I could ask about the values for a few cars?

2006 toyota matrix (xr)

2007 toyota yaris sedan

2007 corolla ce

2007 jetta sedan 2.0

And has anyone heard about an exemption for up to $10,000 car value on OSAP in the case you have a child in daycare?

thanks so much!

Archived