Premed 101 Forums

Scotia LoC and Momentum Visa Card

To people who've signed a LOC with Scotiabank, did they give you a no fee 1% cash back card or waive the fee on a 2% momentum card?

I don't care much for the gold card and would rather have the cash back. But my Scotia rep said that they only do the 1% card with student LOC.

However, my friend who also signed with Scotiabank (another branch) was offered the no fee Momentum 2% cash back card.

Can anyone confirm which card they got?

Are you guys getting the fee waived each year?

Because my friend who is with Scotia and has that card needs to go to the branch each year and make a fuss to get the fee dropped

And you also get 2% back when you use it at a pharmacy :)

I did get the fee waived yearly. Actually, a few days ago, I saw that they had charged me the annual fee accidentally, but I didn't have to put up much of a fight to reverse it. I just e-mailed my Scotia rep, and it was reversed that day.

Are you guys getting the fee waived each year?

Because my friend who is with Scotia and has that card needs to go to the branch each year and make a fuss to get the fee dropped

And you also get 2% back when you use it at a pharmacy :)

No the 1% card is separate from the momentum. :( I don't know why my branch isn't giving it to me even though I cited another branch who could. Maybe I'll just go to the other branch!

Yea, it all depends on who you talk to

Even for me when I was talking to Scotia, there were a lot of differences depending on who I talked to (from the CC I could choose, to the amount of the actual LOC, etc...)

What did you all have to say to get the fee waived on the Momentum card? I did some quick calculations and found that even with the $39 fee, assuming half your purchases earn the 2% rate, you'll start to break even (compared to the no-fee cash back card) at around $4000.

What did you all have to say to get the fee waived on the Momentum card? I did some quick calculations and found that even with the $39 fee, assuming half your purchases earn the 2% rate, you'll start to break even (compared to the no-fee cash back card) at around $4000.

Threaten to bank elsewhere

That does look good, they've got travel and rental car collision insurance too? Was there any minimum income requirement that you had to get around?

Yup, all that is included.

No minimum income for students (apply online). Use Great Canadian Rebates for a $40 sign up bonus

Archived