Premed 101 Forums

policy for acceptance of offers

Guest EJL

Is it possible that someone could clarify the process in which we can accept an offer - if I've received an offer at one school, and am placed on the wait list at another school, how long do I have until I have to make a firm acceptance at the school where I've received the offer? Will the OMSAS website have all the information about this...hmmm...maybe I should check there. I just don't want to miss any deadlines...

Thank you, and good luck to all the applicants.

EJL

Guest doctorfunk

Hi EJL,

According to the OUAC OMSAS website, provisional acceptances become firm acceptances on July 3. After that date, you are removed from all waitlists (unless you decline the offer of acceptance you are holding).

Guest aneliz

If you are offered acceptance at any of the Ontario schools, your offer will come with a form (which has three copies - one for you to keep, one for the school and one for OMSAS). On the form are three options:

1. I accept this offer of admission

2. I provisionally accept this offer but would like to remain on the waiting list at the following schools:________________

3. I decline this offer of admission

I believe you have about two weeks to fill it in and return it. If you don't get it back in time, you are assumed to have declined!!!! :eek So make sure to get it in!!!

If you check off option #1 - you will have a firm seat at that school, you will be removed from the waiting list at all other schools and will decline any other offers of admission that you already have.

Choosing #2 will accept that school but will allow you to remain on the waiting lists at other schools until July 3. If your name comes up on their waiting list before July 3, you will be offered a spot at the other school, and will have to decide where you want to go. If you do not get an offer from the waiting list by July 3, your name will be removed from the waiting lists and your acceptance at the original school will become firm.

Choosing #3 declines the offer....and is the only way to remain on a waiting list for another school beyond July 3...really risky decision if you ask me, but if you have your heart set on one school and are confident that you will come off the wait list, it is an option.

Hope that helps.

Archived