Premed 101 Forums

Class Hookups

Guest wassabi101

Guest wassabi101

Mollybear and I are procastinating at the moment :P As we were trying to come up with convo outside exam topics, we ended up talking about inter-class relationships and were wondering:

-what does everyone else think about class incest?

-have any hookups occured yet in first year/ how about second year? between first and second?

-where do I meet da residents? ;) haha just kidding :lol

Cheers!

wassabi

Guest schmoooo

Class Hookups???? Seems like there has been none so far...???

There are alot of women, few men, and my impression that people are in long-term relationships (me being one of them!!).

On class incest: I think hooking up with someone, can always lead to people talking about it, because being in med school is like being in high school again! The thing is that you have to see the person for the next two years every day!

So Wasabi and Molly Bear, who are you fancying in???

Back to studying:(

Guest tappety tap

Mollybear and Wassabi...us single girls should start some kind of club...

I agree with Schmooo...class incest could definitely cause some problems...could be really great too if it worked out. But if it didn't, I know that I wouldn't want to spend so much time with an ex...imagine being in the same PBL group?!?

Anyways, I should really get studying too...but it's soooooooooo gorgeous outside :(

Good luck with the studying guys!!

Guest wassabi101

LOL tappety tap :lol ...the club could count as some kind of elective in human sexuality ;) Hmm...:D

no but seriously, I guess it all depends on your pattern of relationships...if you're someone who likes to move on after a breakup and have nothing to do with your ex, med school incest might be difficult. On the other hand, if you often remain friends with your ex, it could work out I guess. You're right when you say schmoo that there's likely to be lots of talking...what else are we going to talk about with all this embryo in our heads?? :b

There's lots of people with boyfriends and girlfriends from outside in our year, as well as lots of younger people (compared to me), and a few married......so that will probably explains some of the relationship dynamics this year...

shmoo, I can't speak for mollybear but I myself haven't even *thought* about fancying anyone seriously (except for the odd head turn at frosh events)...I'm still working on getting myself settled in to the place, class and city and learning names, you know?

Also working on focusing on class material ;)

Cheers,

wassabi

Dear Wassabi and the others,

I was talking with one of my roommates (take a guess) and we came to the conclusion that "incest" would be more acceptable if it was "across the stream." In that way if things don't work out it you wouldn't see the person DAILY for the next two years. Maybe a little distracting otherwise? Still I think many are just be themselves approach / taking the play cool / let's just have fun right now (maybe that will change upon the end of the DH block or when we go to Deerhurst?:hat ).

Remember in Vanilla Sky and this afternoon lecture about prolonging gratification; Med's both men and women are pretty good at that, no?

Back to PBL then Cramming then Test then Dancing:rollin ,

g22g

p.s. What does Mr. UofO2006 think from his year's class?

Guest UOMeds06

G22g,

Well, I'd have to say that opinions are spread across the board. There will always be some that say, "no way, you couldn't pay me to date any one in the class." There are some that would. Bottom line is that it comes down to the people involved and how mature you can approach the situation. One must always consider aftermath when approaching a relationship within the class. I'd have to agree that cross-stream courting is much safer. Be it, French - English or across the classes, there are fewer things to jeopardize. Your friends will also have to deal with potential after math so will there be an issue of dividing friends? First year is unique in that you are sure to spend the next two years together. Second year isn't so bad since, if you're dating within the class, you're only guaranteed to see everybody daily for the rest of the year...presuming you go through a relationship that lasts for a few months, by the end of it, there'd really only be a few months of stage 1 left. 3rd and 4th years are really non-issues because you don't really see anybody on a regular basis. I guess I should say that the first year girls should find a mate from the second year guys! :lol It's sort of appropriate that this is a topic of discussion at this point in the game because it is widely believed (not just in med school) that after Thanksgiving weekend, relationships tend to fall apart. I was in Waterloo this past weekend for Oktoberfest and I've been told that there it's been dubbed the Turkey Dump! :P

Ciao

UOMeds06

Guest wassabi101

Hey guys,

I agree with the across the stream and year dating (cause we only have 10 guys in our stream ;) !) and you have a point UOMed06 that it could all work out for 3rd and 4th year meds...hmm, curious as to how many couples from your class exist??

Can't wait till the block party!! (music playing in my head) :D

wassabi

Guest UOMeds06

Wasabbi,

Well there was one couple that was together before they started med school, another couple that hooked up across years, one across the franco and anglo class and one within the anglo class. I'm sure there have been less obvious relationships too that have gone unnoticed. Most people came in with relationships and many of our classmates either got engaged this summer or got married! It's crazy...but as the average age of the students gets older, you'll see more people in the process of getting on in their relationships.

good luck on Friday...you guys will smoke it...and I'm not just saying that. You guys got a really smrt class! ;)

UOMeds06

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wassabi101

Hey ya singles,

No pun intended but are you gals all going to OMSW? We could have our first club meeting ;)

happy-gal-with-my-new-Litman-III :rollin

wassabi

Archived