Premed 101 Forums

Just got my interview invite!

Guest martyb

Hi everyone

I live in Ottawa and just got my invitation this afternoon for March 10th at 9:15. It was marked special delivery, so it was sent pretty recently.

Good luck to everyone who's waiting!

Congrats martyb and d77mah :) . Are you both grad students? Maybe grad students get an early invitation. Does Ottawa send out letters in seperate batches or do they send them out all at once? Do they also send rejection letters at the same time as interview letters?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

I don't know anyone personally who has received an interview at Ottawa (most of them are now doing meds at different schools in Ontario). With Ottawa, unlike the other Ontario schools, I have completely NO IDEA if I will get an interview invitation. The suspense is killing me!!!:\

Tweep

Thanks for the congratulations, and congrats to d77mah. I am an undergrad applicant. I had an interview last year at Ottawa (which was a disaster and why I'm here again!) but there was a mistake in the evaluation of my file, so I originally was declined for interviews. All this to say that unfortunately, people who got negative responses last year had to wait an extra two or three weeks to be notified. This was for two reasons: first, they sent out the positive and negative responses in different batches, and second that the no responses are not sent special delivery. I can't say for sure that things will be the same this year, though.

If all invitations were sent out at once as they were last year, then today was just the first possible day for the letters to have arrived, so don't anyone be discouraged yet, there's still lots of time.

Good luck everyone!

Guest FrenchyMed

My interview is on March 31st at 10am!! :rollin

This is my 2nd time applying to Ottawa and 2nd interview.

I'm in Ottawa and considered an undergrad applicant.

I'm applying into the French stream.

I almost did not get the envelope!! It got put in someone else's mailbox in my building and the person just threw it on the floor. When I got home from work and saw a brown envelope from Ottawa U lying there, I just had to see who's name was on it. Thank God I did!!! :eek

Good luck to everyone!!

FrenchyMed

Guest Kirsteen

Hey there and congratulations to all of you! :D

It's great to see that the invitations are being delivered by fairly reliable means.

d77mah, you mentioned that you are a graduate applicant. Did you already submit your graduate productivity package? Or, were you not required to submit one, given, perhaps, that your undergraduate WGPA surpassed your regional cut-offs? I'm very happy for you, but a little confused. :)

Cheers, and good luck!

Kirsteen

Guest stallion001

Just to clarify, the reason that some graduate applicants are getting interviews without assessment of their graduate degree is because they met the WGPA cutoff this year (most years it has been >3.80). If applicants do not meet the insanely high cutoff, then they are unfortunately sent the thin envelope. However, if you are a graduate applicant with a WGPA of >3.3 and have recieved A's in your graduate courses, you are likely to recieve a letter asking for proof of graduate productivity.

Just a little note to minimize confusion.

Stallion

Hey Kirsteen,

actually im a bit confused myself. I thought I would get a graduate productivity package but I have not recieved anything yet... so I must be considered with the rest of the undergrad applicants then?

d

Guest tappety tap

martyb, d77mah, FrenchyMed

AWESOME!!!! you must be thrilled! What a great feeling....CONGRATS!!!

For the rest...hang in there! I'm crossing my fingers. :)

ola again kirsteen,

I was hoping to be in the graduate applicant pool to tell you the truth, thought I would have a better chance in that category as it seems really tough to get in with the undergrad crowd

d

Guest UOMeds06

Very excited for every one here!!! I remember the excitement (and tension) waiting for mine. God, has it been two years already?! I wasn't much later that I found my way onto this discussion board. Ian, do you remember those days? Are you still around??! My friend told me about your new plans. Good luck on March 24th!

To those of you who are still waiting, best of luck to you. I know that many of you will be back here as moderators a year from now spouting words of encouragement to the following years applicants.

To those of you who have received their invites already, start preparing now if you haven't already. It's never too early. Get good at selling yourself all in the first impression! But more importantly, get good at relaxing in interview-like situations. Remember, you earned your interview, and you are there because some one thought that you deserved to be heard.

Good luck,

UOMeds06

In the words of Rob Schneider in almost every Adam Sandler movie subsequent to Waterboy, "You can do it!!!"

Hey all,

congrats to those who have heard good things from Ottawa so far, and good luck to the rest of you. I got my big brown envelope in the mail today. My interview's on April 15. I don't know if its a good thing or bad to have such a late interview. The only reason I can think of is my last name; it starts with Z. Does Ottawa group students alphabetically by last name for interviews? Last year too, I had my interview around mid April.

Guest Adamanda

I have also received an interview, on March 31st... a wednesday?? I don't mind taking time off for it though ;)

I am a grad applicant but had my wGPA recalculated b/c I am in a course/internship based MHSc

Good luck to everyone else. I feel for those who have to wait for the late grad review.

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there Adamanda,

Good for you! It was only last week that you were a little worried re: your productivity, and this week you now have an intervew. Well done! (It's nice to see that Ottawa moves so efficiently. :) )

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest guelphgrad

Hi

This is my first post. I got an interview at the University of Ottawa on March 12. I am a graduate student and I live in Ottawa so maybe that is why the response was so fast. They sent interview invitations on Friday and they are sending out the "thin envelopes" next week. I got that from the answering machine at admissions. Good luck to all.

Guest MDSMelissa

Hi csname,

It says in the information package sent out with the invitation that interviews are scheduled alphabetically, so no worries about the late date.

Good luck!

Melissa

Yeah, that was my first guess too. I was getting worried for no reason then. Does anybody know what the GPA cut-off was this year. I read somewhere on this forum that we'd be told that in our letters, but I haven't found anything yet.

cheers.

Archived