Premed 101 Forums

Just got my interview invite!

Guest martyb

Guest twinkle001

Did anyone near (but outside) the GTA get there interviews yet. The way i figure things is that friday they were sent out. Monday they were coming to toronto. tuesday they were coming to your town (my case mississaga)... Hopefully tomorrow I will get it.....this theory will fall apart if someone in the GTA got it already :-)

Guest Maury1274

Hi! I'm from Toronto and I just received my interview invite today. I am currently in 4th year undergrad. My last name starts with an R, so I have been given the April 6 interview day (lucky me). The time will serve me well.:rollin

Well...

Someone from Toronto got an invite. I, like twinkle001, am from Mississauga. I can add a max of one day mail delay. Therefore, If I don't get my interview invite by tomorrow morning (Wednesday), I can basically kiss my Ottawa Meds dream goodbye :( (for this year atleast). Guess i'll have to wait for the 'other' letters from Ottawa next week. :(

I WISH I KNEW FRENCH ! ! ! >:

tweep

Guest Nightriders19

Hey there,

Hopefully this post gives hope to some people (although I am losing hope here). Just wanted to let people know that sometimes mail can be really slow...especially mine. Someone in Ottawa got their Toronto invite before I did - in Kitchener!!!! My mail tends to come a day later than everyone else's, according to what people post on the forum anyway...so don't give up hope about Ottawa yet. If I don't see an invite by Thursday then I'll know I'm done for, but I can't lose hope yet.

Anyway, I'm 2 for 3 on invites from the schools I applied to...here's hoping that Ottawa makes the trifecta :)

Good luck to all

Guest epsilon11

Hi,

I applied to Ottawa and believe I have what it takes to get an interview. However, I did not get any invitation as of yet. I am wondering if anyone from the east coast has recieved their invitations at this time, or if they are expected to be sent later.

Guest noncestvrai

Ok got my grad review letter today, I have to send them the file before Jan 27th it seems. Then I will know if I get an interview...so I am not stressed too much since I won't know in like a month what is going to happen to me. I am a Quebec resident.

noncestvrai

Guest DonaldKaufman

Epsilon11,

I am on the east coast, and I haven't recieved a letter yet. I don't know if this info will help you at all though, since I'm not sure if I will get a letter anyway. My GPA is extremely close to last year's cutoff, so I don't know what's going to happen. Try not to worry about it though - if they were mailed Friday, I figure that it could be as late as this Friday for any interview invites to reach the east coast. ;)

Guest twinkle001

anyone in mississaga or halton region got it yet? Since I didnt get it today, it looks like i didnt make the cut :(

:(

good luck to everyone who got the interview

Guest Nightriders19

Hi there,

I got my invite in Kitchener today. Yay! March 12 at 10 am...can't wait :) Congrats to everyone else out there who got the invite!

Guest acropolistica

Yo! Just got my envelope from U of O! Got the interview in early March. Right on! The invites are hittin the Maritimes!

Oh yeah, the thick envelopes aren't very thick, so don't spazz out when you get a supposedly thick envelope.

Yay! Count me in! March 10th afternoon for me!! :D

Does the fact that I am a graduate student and didn't have to submit productivity package mean that I made the undergrad GPA and grad GPA cut off?

Good luck to you all and for those still waiting don't lose hope!

Guest UOMeds06

Okay,

I've posted this elsewhere too...just want to make sure there's no discrepancy.

So direct from the faculty.......

All acceptances were sent out on Friday the 30th by priority mail. They cannot say how long it will take for them to get to your respective houses....might wanna try calling Canada Post for that!

NOT all of the rejection letters have been sent out. They will likely be in a normal sized envelop as opposed to the oversized manilla envelop they send the invites in. They will be sent by regular post too.

Good luck to you all!

UOMeds06

Hi SupDog,

I live in Kingston and I have my interview with Ottawa U at 8:30 am on March 2nd. I'll be driving up the night before, and I don't mind sharing a ride.

It would suck to have to take the bus and find your way around town! Let me know if you're interested.

-T

Archived