Premed 101 Forums

In order to get accepted into DMNB, you need to be a citizen of NB. Having said that.. How many people per year do you think would apply to medicine in general?

*Having an extra 30 spots for doctors per year is a lot! Especially for someone like me who is a brunswicker... its pretty awesome that they opened this campus!

Just to point out….there are not 30 extra spots as a result of the school in SJ. Dal took the original 20 spots from the Halifax campus that were for NB students and moved them to SJ and added 10 more. So really there are only 10 extra spots. I also heard rumours (not sure if they are true or not) that MUN might be decreasing the number of seats for NBers from 10 to 6 in the future.

As for how many that will apply, it is hard to predict. Some people find the opportunity to study medicine in NB entising and others are cautious about Dal's current probation status and the program being new.

For general info…this is what is on the website. I would say the numbers are approximately the same each year with a slight increase due to the 10 seats added:

Class of 2013

Total Applicants – 785

Maritime applicants – 293

Eligible – interviewed - 243 – 89 positions offered

Ineligible / non-competitive – 60

Non-Maritime applicants – 492

Eligible – 219 – 60 interviewed – 9 positions offered

Ineligible/non competitive/no interview offered – 273

the admissions office might be able to provide you with some more up to date info.

Archived