Premed 101 Forums

Getting in after 2 years of biochem and a DEC

Guest quebecboy

Guest quebecboy

Hey y'all,

I'm considering applying to UofO in the french programme for 2004. By the time I enter I will have completed 2 years of University in biochem as required (with the DEC). However, since the second year is 2003-2004, and it will evidently not be on my "relevé de notes" by the time I apply, does this mean that they will only look at the year I've done so far (2002-2003) in biochem?

Quebecboy

Hi Quebecboy:

I think you need to be in your third year of biochem before you apply, Beacuase your grades from your DEC won't count. They only look at University grades.

Sil

Guest DrTaratobe

Hey

They will consider the 2 years of college one year of U. so you go to second year. and after you finished a year in U, you can apply the next year.

Guest FrenchyMed

Here is what's posted on the UofO Med school site:

"Students from a Quebec CEGEP cannot apply directly to the medical program of the University of Ottawa. CEGEP graduates must first complete an additional two-years of full-time undergraduate university studies to be able to apply for admission to the first year of the medical program. They also have to meet the afore mentioned requirements. "

Guest quebecboy

Hello to all and thanks for the replies. I just got a response from UofO, and I need to have completed two years BEFORE applying, and not only having done two years before entering (completing one year, applying, so that when you get in, you do have the 2 years behind you). So, I'll have to finish my bacc before entering meds in Ottawa. Oh well, it'll be for next year. :smokin

Guest camillefr

hey quebecboy, just a little thing that makes a mega difference in the french program. since you wont be applying for a few years, if you can (obviously- i dont know your situation) move to ontario so you will get the franco-ontarion special status. i think you need 2 years minimum.

5 days left for me to find out if i am in or not!!! wish me luck.

ottawa guy

Archived